• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

14 Silver bars posted by wmfielding

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

my Silver bars are gone (for now)

As most of you know I'm not much of a journal writer. Maybe I should buy dragon and this would help . I'm a terrable speller and my grammer stinks because of it....

Well as i mentioned above I had to sell 14 of my Silvertowne Silver bars I was horading them for an end of the world type thing I know sounds silly...

I went to my local (and only ) coin dealer in my area he offered $30.25 per ounce. on the day I sold them Silver was at $32.25 netting me $423.50 a ittle lower than expected but still a fair offer. after the Lady wrote the check and we were about to leave the shop owner stopped me and handed me a small yellow packet and asked that I not open it until I got home.

well I did as he requested and to my great suprize inside was a 1947 D roosevelt dime that looks to me to be at least a MS 65 coin. having 5 other Dimes I've been waiting to send in for grading I boxed up my 6 roosevelts and sent them in for grading today. I'm hoping behond hope that my roosevelt collection will jump from # 8 to the top 5 in the complete roosevelt sets and maybe just maybe win myself an award this year (my first year collecting).

I started having coins graded on Feb 16th of this year I now have just ubder 700 coins in my registy with a fmv of almost $18,000 to me thats a fantastic feat since I am totally disabled and living on a third of what I made before.

in closing I'd like to thank the many fine people here that helpped me along the way I've learned a great deal from you all.

God bless and happy collecting WM Fielding

12311.JPG

See more journals by wmfielding

Sounds like the Dealer knows his cliental. Giving you a really nice dime, knowing your interest in them. Glad to hear your collection is growing and in such a short time span. Imagine what it will be in November 2013.

Give us an update when your graded dimes come back.

Semper Fi !

Jack