• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling Bouillon Coins on Ebay Not A Good Idea

3 posts in this topic

Selling Bullion on Ebay warnning

In 2010 I brought 5 Vancouver 2010 Olympic Silver Coin .9999 at a price of $26 each at different times a total cost for 1 coin was $28.50. So I put one on Ebay 2010 Canadian Maple Hockey Player .9999 Silver Coin 1 Ounce Silver Bullion for $40.00 and $4.50 for shipping which had only one bider at the starting price. After the shipping, ebay,and paypal cost total of $7.24. Now silver is trading at $32.38 an ounce. Subtacting my expensess I sold the coin for $1.22 over spot. Just could have gone down to my coin dealer and sold it to him.

Ebay and paypal has increased their prices to the point it is not worth it to sell bouillon on Ebay. Lesson well learned.

12285.jpg

See more journals by DVD Home Studios

Ed, Most dealers will purchase those silvers at $1 under spot and will also sell you some at $1 over spot. We have phone numbers and can sell the 1 oz silvers within hours of purchase so it works great both ways. Right now is definitely the wrong week for selling silver. A couple dollars lower and BUY what you can get!!!

Rick