• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1928 P Peace Dollar

13 posts in this topic

1928 P Peace Dollar- This is from the same lot as the 1921 some of us have been discussing. What say you?

Obverse: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/66369_4322853866263_257358385_n.jpg

Reverse: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/293746_4322854386276_556683560_n.jpg

Sorry I messed the photos up- I'll try again.

Sorry about the mix up on the pics- hope I remedied- Yes there is damage on the reverse- worse than rubber bands I am afraid- scratched badly- So if you followed on the 1921 interested in general comments on the coin- authentic, etc.

I'd question it. Obverse looks porous, which isn't a good sign. Those reverse scratches are nasty! I wouldn't buy this if that's what you're wondering. I'd net it to Fine money though details are borderline XF.

Thanks- I aleady bought this one maybe unfortunately- as i said I guess in the other post- the other 1928 P in the lot went to the grading gods last week so we will see what they say- hope they are genuine anyway- I think they are- If there is an upside I didn't pay that much. If that one turns out to be bad then I guess I will send the other end and get a verdict so I can have some closure- ha ha.

Hello people- Say I did get the other 28 P from the same lot (which was similarly but lighter toned as the 21 I also posted) back from the graders (not this scratched one)- It was graded AU Improperly Cleaned- so at least it did not come back as counterfeit or AT-

Hello people- Say I did get the other 28 P from the same lot (which was similarly but lighter toned as the 21 I also posted) back from the graders (not this scratched one)- It was graded AU Improperly Cleaned- so at least it did not come back as counterfeit or AT-

But Improperly Cleaned is not so good either as that will have an effect on value.