• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Entering into the light.

7 posts in this topic

Nothing much to say except that after months of reading all this stuff "on the sly" as an anonymous person I've finally registered. I actually feel like I almost know some of you.

I enjoy the banter.

I collect seated halves from New Orleans, Type III S mint double eagles. And dare I say it, Franklin cameo proofs, yes I'm on the coin twelve step program.

Well, I can't help much on seated halves, but I do have a complete MS set of Franklins, and I am a serious collectors of double eagles, though I am working on my Saint set for the most part right now.

And dare I say it, Franklin cameo proofs,

If that's the case, you definitely need to check into the board across the street as well...seems like that's all they talk about, along with Kennedys crazy.gif

Ok, I can understand the preference for S-mint gold (It always seems to have much more luster, better strike, and nicer overall appearance) but why Type 3 Libs? Do you eventually plan to broaded to Type 1 and 2? Personally, I really prefer the Type 1 design on double eagles for the reverse, but like the detail on the Type 3 obverse. Can someone make a coin like that? How about a modern gold commem a la the Buffalo dollar? Or maybe even changing the 1-oz eagle to such a design? I would thoroghly enjoy that!