• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The secret behind toning?

8 posts in this topic

MONEY MAKER???

This one guy has been coming into my store for years now and he knows I collect coins. We've had many conversations about coins and we both love them. Well the Christmas before last he gave me an untouched 2002 MS silver eagle for a present. When he gave it to me it came out of a mint roll. So I grabbed a large napkin and securely wrapped the coin. Got home and set it on the computer desk. Since then, My desk has been over flowing with with stuff. From mail to silver coins, graded coins, basketball cards and so on.

I did a major clean up and in the process I saw the napkin. Unfold it to look at the eagle, There it was. A monster rainbow coin. From red, pink, green, blue, purple. Every color is on both sides. WOW. So I sent it to be graded with some others that I've been holding on too. So I'm very curious to see if it catch's a grade or be the ever so deadly 'DETAILS'. Sorry I don't have any pics but I will post some when I get it back. If it works. Could be a money maker? Wish me luck, I'll let you guys know what happens.

See more journals by chunk-it

Late year I tried this with the cat. Wrapped it in a paper napkin and put it in a plastic bag. When I opened the bag six weeks later everything looked the same -- it was a little smellier, but cats stink anyway....

Late year I tried this with the cat. Wrapped it in a paper napkin and put it in a plastic bag. When I opened the bag six weeks later everything looked the same -- it was a little smellier, but cats stink anyway....

You took it out way too soon

Well---2 years waiting on a Silver Eagle to tone in a paper towel doesn't seem like a financial gain to me. A sale at a profit that is turned over and over in two years has a far better gain possibility. MORE COINS!!!