• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where is the speared Bison??? posted by Six Mile Rick

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A busy Saturday ahead.

Friends, I ran across a mint bag of $50 Bisons. It will be a long easy search this weekend to find a spear. At $10 extra for the bag it seemed to be a deal and will fill a hole in my Top 100 if I do find one. Chances are around 1 in 5,000,000, right?? Ah what the heck---worth a look for sure.

HAPPY COIN COLLECTING!!!

Here is a pic of a non - spiked ----ENJOY

12240.jpg

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Interesting.... I am buying rolls of President $1, at cost from my "raw coin" guy. He also has about thirty bags of MS quarters. They will be my next adventure. Now, I have to see if he has any nickels.

Finding a speared Bisons seems almost impossible. I say almost. If anyone can find one, it would be you.

Semper Fi !

Jack

Hey Rick,

I was not even familiar with the speared bison until your post. You are starting to peek my interest in finding varieties and error coins. I am always learning something from the GURU 'S on these forums... Yes Rick that includes you!!!

Good luck!!!!!

P.S. I am going to send you a PM on something I am tryng to finish...

I believe they found the first of these in Texas, back in 2005? I believe it is a gouge in the die. Some more prominent the others. In years to come I believe this could be the next three LEGGER.....Although that does depend, how many their are and so on...But more than likely pretty valuable coin....Good hunting Rick....