• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone tell me how cac works? posted by DONALD DIVELEY

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Who do i submit to?

I am curious as to how cac works. do i send a coin to ngc and then it is examined for a cac label. or is that a totally seperate process. I have a few i want to send in but would like to know it works. Thanks for any help.

See more journals by DONALD DIVELEY

Have them sent to CAC by a CAC dealer member or collector member cost is $10 if a collector sends it in unless it does not sticker then it cost nothing. A dealer charge is now $12.50 non refundable.

wheat

Send them a already graded NGC or PCGS coin, they will some people look at it and either they will agree with NGC or PCGS or won't agree. If they agree, it gets a green bean. If they think its undergraded, it gets a gold bean. Coins with beans sell pretty quickly. Does cost $10 if they give it a bean sticker

If you want, you can pull off the beans, soak in water overnight, and cook with onions, and a ham hock. Nice on cold winter afternoons.

I thought that would be a good price to go by.You wouldn't send in a coin worth $50.00 would you?

Why not. Collectors send $10 coins to NGC/PCGS to get graded. I am building an all CAC set and the additional cost for a CAC sticker is nominal. Also go to the CAC big event on Ebay and look how much more all the CAC coins are bringing. And they are selling beacuse I have missed several. Selling a CAC'ed coin on line is much easier also.

wheat