• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newest addtions and my first star to my collection by John M. Robinson II

14 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Received some high grades from NGC.

Received a knock at my door today during some heavy rain. My mail man walked to my door to give me my latest graded coins from NGC.

My first Star coin is a 1945-D Jefferson 5C. I submitted three mid-1940s Nickels and my MS 65 Star 1945-D Star was a nice surprise. NGC #4143880-002

Here are the rest of my graded coins that I submitted:

1989 Silver Eagle: I expected MS66 and received a MS67

1922-D Lincoln Cent: I expected VF Error but, got VF Details.

1945-S Jefferson: I expected MS65 and received MS66

1944-S Jefferson: I expected MS65 Error and received MS67

I also received today a 1961 D Lincoln Cent (Omaha Bank Hoard) -- NGC graded -- MS66RD. A great find on Ebay. Paid about 1/3rd the FMV with free shipping.

Here is an image of my 1945 D Jefferson 5C MS65 Star:

12173.jpg

See more journals by John M. Robinson II

Thanks guys for the great comments.

I picked up these three Jefferson Nickels when I visited Northern New York awhile back. Paid about $5.00 each for them. The seller, in a very old consignment shop, has a lot of these left, along with a bunch of other coins.

I will be heading back up to Northern New York in November and I will pick up some more of them.

He also had a lot of, what I thought were Error, Die Crack coins. My 1922-D Lincoln was one of them, along with my 1944-S Jefferson. Now I know the difference between an Error and a Die Crack.

Best wishes and have fun in what you are doing.

Semper Fi !

Jack

Beautiful Jeff and nice grades on the rest of the submission. You never know what you will find in tucked away places.

Good luck on the next visit. Share so more treasures with us!.

Michael