• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newest Commem Addition

7 posts in this topic

really sweet coin

can you imagine a 52 piece type set of all these different coins with the same great eye appealling original look

and i think their time will come soon in the numismatic sun

and the collectors of these coins will be pleasantly surprised

michael

Very nice San Diego RWW! I too am working on a early commem set. I expect it to take me quite some time to finish, should I be lucky enough to live long enough! Just picked up the 2 volume set of National albums for them and will fill it very slowly!

I've put a max of $100 per coin. Maybe a little higher if the condition warrants, but should be able to pick up quite a few at this price (have already done pretty good).

This has helped me find my collecting interest again past FS Jeffs!

Mark -

The Monroe Commem is already on its way to NGC along with a nice bunch of other toners. I have my fingers crossed on them smile.gif

The San Diego commem is already slabbed MS65 by NGC. I lucked into a real deal rom Jonathon Kern He advertises in CW and usually has lots of neat ancient stuff from Greece, Rome, etc. His ad two weeks ago had a sidebar of classic commems and the prices were very good. So I took a shot and ordered the San Diego from him along with a BTW and GW Carver to fill in holes. All 3 coins are above average and better than expected - but the San Diego half really blew me away.

The first thing that I thought of was that that coin had a really original, pleasing patina. This is just what you want a coin to look like. smile.gif