• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOW BUDGET COINS posted by Six Mile Rick

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

There is always a way to add a few.

Friends, I have wanted a flying eagle cent since I saw one. Lately there are not very many people purchasing coins for sale. Well I mean not very many people wanting to pay the value or close. So the coin purchasing bank is nearly empty as I have done a few trades at FMV that were more acceptable than selling at 30% off (not gonna happen here).

I was working today and a old dealer/collector came in and asked me if I wanted a few coins off a couple sheets. The 1800s silvers were o-k but rough with too much ware and a few dings in the rims but the large cents and the flyers looked well enough to trade for something later on. I haggled the price down a little and reached for my wallet. I have been trading for a couple months now and this is my first purchase in a while.

ENJOY---Rick

12147.jpg

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Rick,

Nice coins! I don't shell out the big bucks too often to acquire a coin but whenever I visit a coin shop I can always get my fix by buying a "Low Budget Coin". Quite honestly, I enjoy them just the same.

-Doug

George, The 1854 and 1858 were the two I wanted. I purchased the 4 that he had to show a solid interest so he will bring me more that are nicer. He has a good collection of coins but now is into silver rounds and will sell all he has to convert to silver. When he shows up at the store he always says he has better coins at the house. Never know where coin collecting will lead you!!! Today DIMES----Tomorrow EARLY CENTS!!!

Later----Rick

It is the sets that you don't collect that fall in your lap and end up being the best over all value at the lowest cost. If you work on one set you will spend X???$s to complete it. Don't compete------COLLECT!!!

Later---

Don't compete------COLLECT!!!

Later---

From the guy selling me my eagles to complete my set............That seems to be true, I bought a few things cause they were a good deal, ended up liking them. You never know

Don't compete------COLLECT!!!

Later---

From the guy selling me my eagles to complete my set............That seems to be true, I bought a few things cause they were a good deal, ended up liking them. You never know

+1.

How can you pass up buying an "ok" coin for a good deal? You can't. :grin:

Even if the coin is in an undesirable(spelling?) grade, buy it anyway, even if you think it will never sell for FMV because someone could walk in the next day and want it for a set filler because its the only one they are missing.

Nice pickups Rick!

-Dave