• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1961 Washington Quarter GTG

23 posts in this topic

I paid 5.10 for this, I want to see how lousy the basement company is that graded it, and how close I come to the experts. You guys seem to be right on. Help me out please. Short explanations would be helpful, thanks

130152.jpg.e52127729c9aa30dc71ec3e8fee938d3.jpg

130153.jpg.a8afc0b2209842e632168fdddeef508a.jpg

63-64. You got them at bullion price which is about right for this extremely common date. I'd be happy with that. I would normally just put these into my junk silver rolls!

MS-62 obverse, MS-63 reverse. The coin has many hits, but like I said about the Roosevelt dime on another string, I tend to grade moderns too conservatively, at least compared to what the grading services say.

Thanks all, in hand it looks way better than my photos, but when I saw the photos and looked at it again, I started seeing the hits, thats the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thanks, initially I thought 64, then backed off to 63. Thanks again

I can't believe how far off you guys were, it is clearly an MS 67, just ask ANI so when I cross it here its only worth about 1700 bucks.....sweet!!!

ANI graded it 67?

Pardon me while LMAO!

I'm laughing too..........................................all the way to the bank!!!

ANI=basement grading.

I'll bet if you crack that out, and submit it to either PCGS or NGC, it will not even be in the low end of the Gem scale.

Hold the camera back about five feet from the coin,at that point it may look like a 67!!! :)

You are wrong, as long as I look at the label and ignore the quarter, it looks like a 67

I'm laughing too..........................................all the way to the bank!!!

ANI=basement grading.

I'll bet if you crack that out, and submit it to either PCGS or NGC, it will not even be in the low end of the Gem scale.

How about this? NPNG (new prepper numismatic grading) because I can do as good as these guys, and make a couple bucks besides.

Hold the camera back about five feet from the coin,at that point it may look like a 67!!! :)

You are wrong, as long as I look at the label and ignore the quarter, it looks like a 67

I would definately grade the label at a 67+!! :insane: