• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A New Barber Qtr from TomB!

23 posts in this topic

Since I really don't have any money to add to my collection, I've sold a few coins to free up cash to get a couple of new type coins. My goal as a collector is to build a basic U.S. type set and I know it will be a long journey. So, certain coins within my general collection that don't fit my mission or are in the type set that need a refresh have been sacrificed so I can continue to make some progress. As you know, getting a new coin is a joyous experience and I have to share it with you!

I spotted a compelling Barber quarter on Tom Bush's website that struck my eye (this is a dealer you need to have on your radar screen, if not already, since he has quality offerings and a ethical reputation). This is my first purchase from Tom and I've wanted to do business with him for a long time.

3abc3192.jpg

I think Tom's pictures are pretty accurate, though it is sometimes tough to capture the luster that really helps this coin's punching power that may not readily be evident on your computer monitor. Additionally, what is really nice about this coin when seen in hand is the very delicately toned green obverse with an overall strike that is 95% complete.

Well, there you have it. I'll have another coin soon to describe that I'm very excited about, but must await for the deal to be consummated.

I'm delighted you like the coin as much as I do and also thank you for the very kind words. This piece was picked up at the recent ANA and of the thousands of coins inspected only five were brought back for inventory; that says volumes about how nice I think this coin is in-hand.

Nice coin, and Tom is indeed a mensch (and I hope he does not mind me saying so).

I once saw Tom changing his clothes in a phone booth in Baltimore. MJ

Tom has a trained eye and the vast majority of what he

presents to me is such that I wish I had bought from him first.

Last year ( @ some show, I just can't remember which now ),

Tom spotted me speaking with a mutual friend and came over

to chat. I asked what he had brought with him and out comes a

box-of-twenty. Inside among some stunning coins was a great

looking 1926-D SLQ in PCGS 64+ - with vividly toned rims on

both the obverse and reverse. Although I already owned a very

choice example, the color of his coin blew my mind... Had to have it.

Tom is in my opinion, the consummate gentleman.