• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone here in the Diamond business ?

13 posts in this topic

it is a subscription service those red sheets

1------myself i would call a jeweler you know/have done biz with/ have a personal realtionship with and ask them your question and see if they can call one of their professional contacts and give you the current rapaport price sheet quote

important see below

The Rapaport Diamond prices list is usually in hands of a dealer, there are some dealers online where you can get a Rapaport price in exchange for information's about yourself like email, phone number, etc... expect to be contacted by representatives... Dealers usually give a discount from 5% -30% on the Rapaport prices.

i would do #1 if you look around and call a couple of places i am sure you can get the quote and depending on the size quality ofd the stone etc you are looking to close to 30%+ discount off of this sheet retail selling is MORE of a discount

unless it is some perfect flawless 1 carat+ fancy colored lazare cut diamond

good luck!!

Just my wife...............but she doesn't know anything about them except I have to buy them for her

Your wife ought to meet my wife. My wife collects jewelry. We have the same deal. I buy it, she collects it.

1------myself i would call a jeweler you know/have done biz with/ have a personal realtionship with and ask them your question and see if they can call one of their professional contacts and give you the current rapaport price sheet quote

important see below

The Rapaport Diamond prices list is usually in hands of a dealer, there are some dealers online where you can get a Rapaport price in exchange for information's about yourself like email, phone number, etc... expect to be contacted by representatives... Dealers usually give a discount from 5% -30% on the Rapaport prices.

i would do #1 if you look around and call a couple of places i am sure you can get the quote and depending on the size quality ofd the stone etc you are looking to close to 30%+ discount off of this sheet retail selling is MORE of a discount

good luck!!

For $25 I got a weekly rapp sheet.

Made lots of call prior to that but wanted to make sure I was getting a decent offer. Basically the offers I have been getting are about 80 % of Best Rapnett prices or about % 50 off the listed rapp sheet price . I would like to see if I can get 90 % of best Rappnet and then head down to NYC.

This is a pain in the a-s . The stone is nice – one carat E color SI1 , VG cut in a platinum setting. Should be able to get $200 scrap for the Platinum.

Made lots of call prior to that but wanted to make sure I was getting a decent offer. Basically the offers I have been getting are about 80 % of Best Rapnett prices or about % 50 off the listed rapp sheet price . I would like to see if I can get 90 % of best Rappnet and then head down to NYC.

This is a pain in the a-s . The stone is nice one carat E color SI1 , VG cut in a platinum setting. Should be able to get $200 scrap for the Platinum.

I should preface this comment by saying I know nothing of diamonds, other than the very basics.

That said, is the time you are investing calling and getting offers worth the extra 10% you are seeking? It might be better to take the 80% and use the extra time to do something more enjoyable (with coins of course). :)

Being as they say there are differences between "regular" diamonds and the "impact" diamonds, they are probably trying to scam the world with man-made diamonds to help their ailing economy. China probably has something similar coming

Being as they say there are differences between "regular" diamonds and the "impact" diamonds, they are probably trying to scam the world with man-made diamonds to help their ailing economy. China probably has something similar coming

One could make the argument that communism has saved the diamond industry for the past 40 years.

Gee I wonder what else they've been saving? I might have to change my opinion on them I've had for the last 40 or so years, this has given me something to think about.......................................

important see below

good luck!!

This is a pain in the a-s . The stone is nice – one carat E color SI1 , VG cut in a platinum setting. Should be able to get $200 scrap for the Platinum.

totally understand

but if you can get 90% of best sheet prices please let me know and i will rent the space shuttle and we will go to that planet

sorry to say

now i guess you might get that price if you find an end user that looks at your stone and falls in love but this would be a highly unusual event

or

a dealer has a huge retail customer right now today!!!!!! and needs your stone with its exact requirements of cut clarity color and carat and it is right now!!! today or no sale to the customer who will pay anything but needs it this minute!!

another highly unusual event