• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

27 Morgans for $ 150 !!!

18 posts in this topic

Hmmmm this reminds me of an ebay seller who lists "Cigar box full of coins found behind old clock." auctions but yet they put coins no earlier than 1970 in the "loot." (my point being they post something that sounds good, but its a load of garbage and a waste of time.)

I think the CL guy is full of *blurt.* or he truly has no idea what he had found. I don't know,....it seems fishy. I am flying back to CT in a month to see family. Maybe while I am in Torrington, I can track this guy down and pay "pennies" for dollars.

I wonder if when he was in the basment he found an old treasure map behind a false wall and it led him on a riddle-filled hunt for hidden "coins."

-Dave

The seller did not bother to do quick research. I just tell people to check out Apmex's site for reasonable pricing. Cull Morgans they offer around $25 for. I picked up 12 silver dollars including and AU and BU Peace dollar for that at a CT coin shop yesterday. Also silver eagles for $32 a piece in a roll.

The craigslist ad Morgans should be worth at least $650.

Process sellers should do as a bare minimum: Enter silver dollars or Morgan dollars in a google search. Only the clueless are going to fail with that with implications. Step two: call yellow page ads or internet listings looking for someone who is an industry member with the PNG, BBB, NGC, PCGS, etc.. Ask for likely range of offers. Do not go to the local jeweler or cash for gold outfit. Don't be afraid to ship to the highest buyer like Apmex, Heritage, Spectrum, etc., via priority with delivery confirmation and insurance. Guilford Coin would have been the best shot in the state for a Brick and Mortar store to get top dollar IMO.

Who ever bought these took advantage of the seller .

I'd say the odds are better that the seller took the buyer.

What if the buyer arrived with counterfeit currency--then they took one another!!! Plus no basis for calling the police.

they busted some guy in hartford county about 4 months ago for selling bogus morgans. he met the guy off of the interstate and sold them to someone. he found out, cops set upa sting operation and they busted him. ya cant be to careful

The seller did not bother to do quick research. I just tell people to check out Apmex's site for reasonable pricing. Cull Morgans they offer around $25 for. I picked up 12 silver dollars including and AU and BU Peace dollar for that at a CT coin shop yesterday. Also silver eagles for $32 a piece in a roll.

The craigslist ad Morgans should be worth at least $650.

Process sellers should do as a bare minimum: Enter silver dollars or Morgan dollars in a google search. Only the clueless are going to fail with that with implications. Step two: call yellow page ads or internet listings looking for someone who is an industry member with the PNG, BBB, NGC, PCGS, etc.. Ask for likely range of offers. Do not go to the local jeweler or cash for gold outfit. Don't be afraid to ship to the highest buyer like Apmex, Heritage, Spectrum, etc., via priority with delivery confirmation and insurance. Guilford Coin would have been the best shot in the state for a Brick and Mortar store to get top dollar IMO.

Anybody selling morgans at $25.00 ... Tell me where and I will buy all he can supply. Cheapest ones on Apmex are at 27.79 not counting shipping and you have have to buy 100 coins at that price. Most all dealers I know are selling at $30 to $32.

I could sell you some morgans at $21.00 a piece.. If you don't mind dings, dents, wear, and partial dates. :P:grin:

-Dave

That's almost 20% back of melt...at that price why not experiment making another silver bar out of them?

I could sell you some morgans at $21.00 a piece.. If you don't mind dings, dents, wear, and partial dates. :P:grin:

-Dave

I will buy all you can supply at that price. I am not joking!