• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC NYC grading event

36 posts in this topic

Here is the PR:

Stack’s Bowers Galleries New York Grading Event with NGCPosted on 8/14/2012 Special NGC grading event will be held at Stack's Bowers Galleries New York City offices September 12-14, 2012. Get FREE NGC grading when you consign to Stack's Bowers Baltimore or N.Y.I.N.C. auctions.

Bring your US, world and ancient coins to the Stack's Bowers Galleries New York City offices during this NGC grading event*:

Coins will be pre–screened by our numismatic experts to determine grading worthiness.

Raw coins and coins submitted for re-grading are welcome.

US coins are all welcome. World and Ancient coins must be received by Stack's Bowers no later than September 5.

We will submit qualifying coins to NGC for expedited grading – 24 to 48–hour turnaround.

Mark Salzberg will personally grade your coins.

Consign any of your newly graded coins and Stack's Bowers Galleries will pay the grading fees!

If you can't make it to New York during the grading event, bring your materials to Stack's Bowers galleries through September 12 at:

Stack's Bowers Galleries Irvine

1063 McGaw Avenue, Suite 100

Irvine, CA 92614

800.458.4646 ι 949.253.0916

Stack's Bowers Galleries New York

110 W. 57th St., New York, NY

800.566.2580 ι 212.582.2580

Stack's Bowers Galleries New Hampshire

866.811.1804 ι 603.569.0823

Call Stack's Bowers Today to Schedule Your Grading Appointment

*World and Ancient coins must be received by Stack's Bowers no later than September 5. Minimum coin value $1,000 to qualify for this grading event. Special issues and oversize holders may require an additional grading fee and additional grading time. In addition, to grading fees, the $8 NGC handling fee per submission form will also be added invoices for coins grading during this event that are not consigned. Coins will be accepted until the end of the event, but will be returned at a later date.

The thoughts and opinions in the piece are those of their author and are not necessarily the thoughts of the Certified Collectibles Group.

Ill go a little OT since the thread is derailed anyway and state that I never understood those 1000$ or other number qualifiers such as on the submission form. How do I know what my coin is worth if they havent graded it yet? They are all 1$ in y book (or spot silver ratio I guess more accurately) until a grade is established lol. Sometimes the difference between an MS 64 can be from 500 to 2000$

One shouldn't need a grade to let you know how much your coins are worth and if they crack the 1k mark, at most a TPG to reaffirm what you already knew.

As the saying going "If you need to ask, they aren't". And if it helps you, I have never seen anything close to a 4 figure coin in one of your posts so if I were you I would error of the side of caution. I think part of SB's thinking is that people with excess 1k coins would typically be above the point in their lives class wise of simply taking advantage of a grading promotion to save a couple hundred dollars. Also not related if they found a collection of high value raw coins they are more likely to be fresh to market.

I did not read the entire (increasingly contentious) thread.

An increasing number of auction houses and dealers will have coins graded for you, without additional charge, if you consign or sell to them. It is not a free lunch. EOM

Three comments:

1. The better a coin can do (in auction), the more likely it will do; that is why auction houses offer grading perks.

2. I know crypto; while I'm sure he can spend more on coins than many folks here and ATS, I would classify him neither as big spender nor penny ante when compared to the vast bulk of pure collectors I've met over the many years on the circuit.

3. Mumu flies off the handle very easily; I wish he would work on that, and maybe then get more enjoyment from the message boards.

EVP

No more handle flying. Im leaving the forums. They clearly not for me. I dont need them to collect coins luckily. So long.

Since the degree of MUMU flying off the handle ha painted me in a bad light I feel I need to add a little clarity. I have no thoughts or cares as to his station in life. His precived economic slight is based off of his own insecurities and I don't care how much money he or others have. Respect isnt derived by assets, end point.