• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great Southern Coins on Ebay

12 posts in this topic

sounds like just for having looked at them you own coins now appear to have been harshly cleaned, or altered, or something along those lines

they probably don't sell any CAC coins, but I'm not sure

I purchased one coin. It looked nothing like their photo. It was listed as gem. I sent coin to ngc for kicks. Then contacted the seller once ngc returned it as cleaned. I must say they returned my purchase price, my grading fee and my return shipping cost. I gotta give them a thumbs up on the return policy. Thumbs down on photos.

I purchased 4 coins from them, all were cleaned or altered, however, they do have a great return policy. I suspect that a majority of buyers don't know what they are doing and choose not to return the coins, allowing a great revenue stream for GSC, unfortunately.

I have purchased many coins from GSC and satisfaction was a 5.5/10.

I purchased a RAW 1878 Morgan from them that HAD MS63 appeal BUT they cleaned the "choice word" out of it. The photos are decent but they (the photos) hide hairline scratches very well. I looked back at the listing and yup, it said that the coin was polished.

I have been happy with many coins from them but I try to pay less than I normally would because of my previous issues. Customer service is good and I get their seller newsletter. I would say to examine the photos in their entirety and Email them if needed prior to bidding. IMO they are great sellers. But if you are looking for presentation quality over "begining collectors quality" browse around and buy elseware.

-Dave

I have purchased many coins from GSC and satisfaction was a 5.5/10.

I purchased a RAW 1878 Morgan from them that HAD MS63 appeal BUT they cleaned the "choice word" out of it. The photos are decent but they (the photos) hide hairline scratches very well. I looked back at the listing and yup, it said that the coin was polished.

I have been happy with many coins from them but I try to pay less than I normally would because of my previous issues. Customer service is good and I get their seller newsletter. I would say to examine the photos in their entirety and Email them if needed prior to bidding. IMO they are great sellers. But if you are looking for presentation quality over "begining collectors quality" browse around and buy elseware.

-Dave

Dave, in your opinion, what makes them "great sellers"?