• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY - I like this new one :)

18 posts in this topic

Provisions relating to eBay's contacts with its members. ◦Pursuant to the eBay User Agreement, you agree that eBay, its affiliates, agents, and independent contractors may contact you at any telephone number you provide to us or from which you place a call to us, or any telephone number at which we reasonably believe we may reach you, using any means of communication, including calls or text messages using an automatic telephone dialing system and/or prerecorded messages, even if you incur charges for receiving such communications.

◦You also agree that eBay may monitor or record telephone conversations with eBay or its agents for quality control and training purposes or for its own protection.

Provisions relating to eBay's contacts with its members. ◦Pursuant to the eBay User Agreement, you agree that eBay, its affiliates, agents, and independent contractors may contact you at any telephone number you provide to us or from which you place a call to us, or any telephone number at which we reasonably believe we may reach you, using any means of communication, including calls or text messages using an automatic telephone dialing system and/or prerecorded messages, even if you incur charges for receiving such communications.

◦You also agree that eBay may monitor or record telephone conversations with eBay or its agents for quality control and training purposes or for its own protection.

It's remarkable how much freedom I gained by getting off of eBay and staying off.

I don't see an issue with them contacting you by any means necessary. It's in part to keep off people who shouldn't be there in the first place.

I understand how it could be used for good (keeping people off who shouldn't be there in the first place), but what's to keep them from abusing this power?

Obama

It's remarkable how much freedom I gained by getting off of eBay and staying off.

+1

What a joke.

They can contact you even if it's at YOUR COST!! Then they will bug you,,,,,,,,why don't you list more?

E-Bay can record their conversations with you "for it's own protection". What about yours?

I get enough junk mail from them already. Confirmations when I list a coin, confirmations when it sells, when it doesn't sell, when the buyer pays, daily updates and promo's. Christ, enough already.

I have got to agree... Seems like they are getting just a little bit an attitude. I have already scaled back my interaction with eBay.... I think it may be time to re-evaluate if I need to deal with them at all.

This seems like a mountain out of a molehill.

Companies routinely record conversations between their employees and the public. Additionally, if you do not want ebay to contact you then you don't give them a working phone number. If you need to contact ebay then do so on a phone that is not linked to your cellular minutes plan. The entire text about incurring charges is really just stating that some text messages are charged to the cell phone receiving them and some plans will deduct minutes from the plan for accepting calls from ebay.

Easy solutions to this problem.

1) Don't answer the phone

2) Hang up if you accidentally answer the phone and find an E-Bay rep on the line

An even better solution is to answer the phone, say ok, just a minute, and set the phone down and go back to whatever you were doing, How long do you think they will wait for you to return?

I understand how it could be used for good (keeping people off who shouldn't be there in the first place), but what's to keep them from abusing this power?

Obama

Do you think Obama would let me borrow his phone if I had to contact eBay?

Chris

Obama

Chris

I think if you asked him, he would give you one, and I would get to pay for it.

What a joke.

They can contact you even if it's at YOUR COST!! Then they will bug you,,,,,,,,why don't you list more?

E-Bay can record their conversations with you "for it's own protection". What about yours?

I get enough junk mail from them already. Confirmations when I list a coin, confirmations when it sells, when it doesn't sell, when the buyer pays, daily updates and promo's. Christ, enough already.

You're more than able to contact them at their expense whenever you so choose to. Moreover, you can record all their communications for your own training purposes, though you may or may not have to disclose that fact.

Obama

Chris

I think if you asked him, he would give you one, and I would get to pay for it.

And I would not pay for it and then get appointed as Secretary of the Treasury.