• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple inexpensive gold type coins...

11 posts in this topic

great crystal clear images

i would absolutely love to be able to get or take photos like these

now onto the coins

both coins are problem free, above average eye appealling

lightly to moderately circulated gold coins

with great original skins to both

great crystal clear images

i would absolutely love to be able to get or take photos like these

now onto the coins

both coins are problem free, above average eye appealling

lightly to moderately circulated gold coins

with great original skins to both

Agree---nice original coins.

I agree with the "original skin" comments, but I question why one would buy these pieces instead of something a bit nicer. I would grade both coins Fine-12 and since it only takes a few dollar more, at least for the quarter eagle, to buy them in Choice VF or even EF, why buy the lower grades unless it is for some sort of odd registry category?

I agree with the "original skin" comments, but I question why one would buy these pieces instead of something a bit nicer. I would grade both coins Fine-12 and since it only takes a few dollar more, at least for the quarter eagle, to buy them in Choice VF or even EF, why buy the lower grades unless it is for some sort of odd registry category?

This is a good point Bill. These coins are not in any registry. The 1911 I bought from Zach (a board member who hasn't been around in a while). He gave me a better than fair price and I couldn't pass. The 1851-O I happened to notice on ebay. I put in a maximum bid of $200 and won it for a little less than that. I was attracted to the original look of the coin. Still, I think I catch your drift. Perhaps a more thoughtful and patient approach would result in higher graded for a only a few more dollars. I will keep that in mind. Thanks for your thoughts.