• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Peace Dollars

9 posts in this topic

I really like the top one.....to my inexperienced eye,, it looks much better that 1 pt over the other, is that where the CAC says the same thing? Even with out you saying it was CAC'd it appeared that way to me

Yup, while many see fingerprints as negative, I see them as attesting to the originality and character of the coin in question. That, and the coin without prints would be more expensive, lol.

Yup, while many see fingerprints as negative, I see them as attesting to the originality and character of the coin in question. That, and the coin without prints would be more expensive, lol.

While I can see some interest in wondering who might have handled the coin thruout history, what would you think if you found out that the prints belong to a mishandling coin dealer?

While I can see some interest in wondering who might have handled the coin thruout history, what would you think if you found out that the prints belong to a mishandling coin dealer?

In all honesty, that wouldn't matter to me. I like that the coin has beautiful greens a nd oranges, and the prints only serve as contrasting devices to better let those colors stand out.

In all honesty, that wouldn't matter to me. I like that the coin has beautiful greens a nd oranges, and the prints only serve as contrasting devices to better let those colors stand out.

While I dont love the coin, the multiple prints do seem to build an interesting pattern on this one. Certainly looks much better than coins with 1 print on them. I have a couple with 1 single partial print and its always so distracting.