• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG

18 posts in this topic

There are a lot of spots on this coin. Below the mouth and the bottom of the torch to between "E" and "D". Did they "no grade" this? hm

jom

There are a lot of spots on this coin. Below the mouth and the bottom of the torch to between "E" and "D". Did they "no grade" this? hm

jom

My pictures suck.....................but no its graded a 67, cert number266317-097, I don't have much in it thank goodness.

129014.jpg.c9b4e33d6d4a1ea53a2efc4ed11b87b2.jpg

64+ These guys musta been feeling lucky on their guesses!

Lucky, not so much. Let's just say I have a few years of looking at semi-ok pictures on sites like eBay, Heritage, Teletrade, and others. Once you see enough pictures, regardless of their quality, you can begin to get a "feel" for a coin.

I'm guessing the coin is quite nice in hand, and if NGC said MS67 it's likely in the ballpark and well above an MS64... :devil:

You saw the problems I had with a cheap camera highlighting the flaws in the coin, is it common for that to happen? Do you really think it grades that high even after viewing the pics from the teletrade website? Thanks and sorry to be such a bother

I can say that it's for sure not an MS64 as was suggested by another poster. I think it's a no-brainer MS66, and without seeing it in hand (luster, etc) can't surmise if I think it would be MS67. Teletrade images are notorious for not showing luster (I think they may even still be scans?).

Ultimately, all that matters is if you like the coin. And, if you got a good deal on it, then all the better. (thumbs u

Here are photos from where I got it

These photos are brighter and show more of the coin unobstructed. I'd revoke my 64+ on seeing these without second guessing myself. NGC probably got it right, but in the first pictures, I saw spotting and they were quite dark.

What a diference a pic can make, in your pics I too was seeing what looked like spotting and unattractive toining. Baised on these new images I think you did ok, its not high-end for the grade but it sounds like you did'nt pay a high-end price so all is well.