• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 1949-D posted by Six Mile Rick

6 posts in this topic

This nickle came out of a mint page made in the 60s and most of the coins were toned very nicely. Please excuse the lint on the gable between the 2nd and 3rd pillar. I simply popped the coins out of the crusted holder and pushed them into 2X2s.

------------------------"The Golden Monticello"

Later---Rick

Nice find Rick, the quality is certainly there on this coin,,,,still questionable on the

step area thou',,,, seeing it in hand, it's quite possible! It's always a pain to

try an get a great photo of any step area on these jeffersons. Not sure what's out

there on the market to be able to do that. I have a 5 yr old digital kodac camera

that shows clear great photos, except when it comes to getting up close on the steparea of the nickels. Let me know if you, (or anyone else reading this) happens to find the perfect camera for doing that,,,,lol' /good luck in your venture on the Jeffs,,,,, Jim Berline