• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Awesome Trade posted by VUMC409

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Two Lincoln top pops and a PCGS replacement

Hi members!

Just today Gilmore and I completed a fantastic trade. Coins go in the mail on Monday.

Gilmore is receiving my 1909 S NGC MS65RD Lincoln, a 2001 D PCGS MS68RD, a 1986 D NGC MS68RD, a 1908 S NGC VF30BN, and a 1948 D NGC MS67FT Roosevelt.

In return, I get Gilmore's 1966 NGC MS67RD, a 2001 D MS68RD, and his @006 P MS69RD.

Certs have been exchanged and I have already updated my set. I now reside in slot #7 for all coins and #3 for NGC coins.

I also added a 2012 P MS68RD to my set yesterday. The picture is included.

What a great coin day! Thanks Gilmore!

11856.jpg

See more journals by VUMC409

Trades are always fun because the only money that changes hands is the money you are trading. Trading provides two collectors the opportunity to enhance their respective collections. In other words this is a win win!

Gary

By Numismedia value it was very even. By actual market value, maybe not.

Trades are fun irrespective of money. It's a cool way to upgrade the sets you really want to work on without having to outlay cash. Cool transaction!! Thanks for sharing.

In my experience, everyone here makes a great trading partner. I've completed several transactions without the hint of a problem.

Congrats!!

Agree, this post should be titled "awesome trade by Gilmore"

Actually I was astonished looking at auction records that this was VERY good by VUMC409. I thought the 09-S was worth substantially more...I'll end my comment there.

Collector trades are not really about money. For many, profit has a different meaning than just cash.