• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poor Quality Reverse Proof in 2012 AE Silver 2-coin Set

6 posts in this topic

Received five 2012 AE Silver 2-coin sets from the mint's shipper on August 2, 2012. All five reverse proof coins had multiple nicks and black spots on the obverse of each coin. The quality was very bad. I doubt there would be any PF70 grades for any of them.

However, all five of the 2012 S coins looked really nice except there was a lot of fiber type dust within each the plastic coin holders.

Trying to decide whether to send them all back. Any suggestions on what to do with the five sets?

As I've already answered in a related thread here, I strongly suggest returning everything for replacement with no hesitation.

What he said.

As I've already answered in a related thread here, I strongly suggest returning everything for replacement with no hesitation.

What he said.

So does the mint keep spare sets to compensate for returns??

Do they put return replacements at the end of the line so that people who have yet to have the opportunity to see the set they ordered don't have to wait even longer? Are the last orders to be shipped fulfilled with someone else's rejects?