• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where should I send my Chinese gold pandas for grading?

28 posts in this topic

Hands down, NGC. I know from experience that they can do VERY well in NGC holders... assuming your goal is monetary return. on investment

It will be. (thumbs u

I bought them for gold value with the hopes of grading some for resale. Um, another two questions. They'll all be proofs that I'll be grading, is it "worth it" to spend the fees to slab all sizes (1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz, and 1 oz)? I mean, it's probably a set price to grade one gold coin, so I would have to get really high proof grades in order to recoup that cost, with a little profit left over? Lastly, how's the best way to unload them? EBay no reserve auctions starting at $1 or just putting ridiculous BIN prices as I see so many have?

Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated.

Andy

Hands down, NGC. I know from experience that they can do VERY well in NGC holders... assuming your goal is monetary return. on investment

agreed 100%

Correction: looks like $30 per coin. Hard to find it worthwhile to grade a 1/10 oz. panda. (shrug)

PCGS, NGC, ICCS.... (shrug)

Either PCGS or NGC will work just fine. NGC actually enjoys even more popularity with foreign coins than it does with U.S. coins, and some actually prefer NGC certified foreign coins over their PCGS counterparts.

PCGS, NGC, ICCS.... (shrug)

Either PCGS or NGC will work just fine. NGC actually enjoys even more popularity with foreign coins than it does with U.S. coins, and some actually prefer NGC certified foreign coins over their PCGS counterparts.

Thanks to all for their responses! (worship)

Definitely go for an NGC slab with these, because although PCGS is also a highly regarded grading company, it has been disconcerting that so many silver and gold modern coins in PCGS slabs have spotted or changed color undesirably. All those gold pandas should be NGC slabbed, it's worth doing it, for purposes of protection, for authentication, and for resale value, even the 1/10 oz size, especially considering they have a substantial premium over mere spot, and the small ones have quite a cute appearance inside the slabs.

Okay, I'm going to send some coins to NGC. Now, should I just submit them directly, go through someone, or buy a membership that gives me 5 free submissions?

For grading world gold coins, they charge $30/coin. So, grading 5 coins is $150. The Elite membership is $125 and includes 5 submissions. Going the membership route makes more sense, right, or am I missing something?

Is there another option that's even better?

Thanks,

Andy

Send them to me. I'll grade them properly, and put them in a neato 2x2 flip.

:whistle:

:insane: I can grade them properly, but folks online will feel more confident with NGC's grade, I'm sure.

Pfffffft.

The RMA Seal Of Approval™ is better than NGC, PCGS, Anacs, and a CAC Gold Bean combined. People will clamor....they will CLAMOR, I tell you!....for such items.

:grin:

I would send them to NGC. They grade world coins and have an excellent online priceguide for them. Perhaps a call to their customer service might steer you in the right direction. If you could post some photos of some of them after they are graded that would be fantastic.

North Korea is starting a coin grading service. They plan to kidnap NGC and PCGS graders, and then put them in the "re-education camps" to teach grading to the slave laborers.

The present "really, super, awfully great leader," Kim Kim Kim Jung Il Un Bong-Bong, will personally certify all grades - on penalty of death.

Maybe they should grade your Chinese bullion?