• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete NGC Proof 70 Ultra Cameo Susan B. Anthony Dollar Collection posted by MV Coins

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Third ever Perfect NGC complete Proof 70 Ultra Cameo Susan B. Anthony Dollar Collection

Had some luck in recent weeks finding both the 1979 S Type 2 and 1981 S Type 2 Susan B. Anthony (SBA) Proof dollars in NGC graded Perfect PF 70 Ultra Cameo condition. This is only the 3rd complete prefect collection of NGC-only SBA Proof coins in the NGC Registry. Yes there are other complete SBA sets using PCGS graded coins (for however long they will still be here), but it is a major accomplishment to get 1 of only 18 NGC 1981 S Type 2 Proof 70 Ultra Cameo SBA coins. I still like the reverse the best with the Eagle landing on the Moon.

11757.jpg

See more journals by MV Coins

MV, Did you happen to grab those type 2s at the Teletrade auction last Sunday? I spotted them but had other coins more important to myself and passed on them.

Nice addition and a swell set you now have.

Rick

Hi,

Yes I picked up the 1981-S Type 2 PF70 UC SBA on Teletrade. Got it for $575 (including fees). Not a bad deal on a coin that is lists for $1560 and has a Numismedia (nmn) vale of $1100. Hard to find the NGC version of this coin for anything less then $900. Currently there are only 18 such NGC coins. Sometimes I get great deals on Teletrade and sometimes things seem a bit high. I guess you need to always be looking for a good buy.

Regards,

MV Coins