• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Telemarketing call from Teletrade posted by TPETERS

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Anyone else get one?

Good Evening,

At 6:37 CST tonight I missed a call. It went to voicemail. When retrieving the vm I found out it was Teletrade reminding me of the Monday/Tuesday auction. I don't buy much from them, but I have never had a call from them reminding me of an auction before. Are they trying to increase business?

Did anyone else get one? Just curious.

Enjoy your coins,

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS

Never got a call from Teletrade or Heritage... but I did get 6 hue packets in the mail, each exactly the same, about consigning coins... and I get catalogs from Heritage as well.

Oh, and I want to make a correction to something I said in a post a week or so ago. I said that Great Collections always started their auctions at prices that were too high. They actually have been starting many of their auctions at $1... I just picked up a 1942 MS67RD Wheatie from GC, and at a very reasonable price. I stand corrected, Ian!

Heritage is a once a year call I can count on. I haven't been bothered by Teletrade yet though. The call from Heritage is for selling ---- not purchasing. The coin selling business is a little slow this time of year and won't pick up for another 3 months and I could see how they would boost sales with a few hundred calls to their favored customers.

I got the e-mail on the auction last week.Star & Stripes auction right? There were quite a few nice ones in there and with less competition this time of year there could be some great deals to be had.

HAPPY COIN COLLECTING

Never had a call, I think they can tell if I am logged in or not. I stay logged on pretty much to see if a deal can be had, maybe that is the reason why I do not get a call. I pretty much bid every week, and do GC every so often, but some people bid more than they can pick it up retail. I do not understand that, just a little homework pays off.

Take care Todd.

Alan

I have never received a call from Teletrade or Heritage,but I do receive quite a bit of mail(offers to buy and auction catalogs) from Heritage!

Jason