• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which ANACS gen is this slab?

11 posts in this topic

I cant tell if its 1, 1.1 or 2 because all 3 of those say ANACS in the lower left corner of the lable whereas this does not? TIA

128053.jpg.f7207216c637ac2512ddee00b05d3df4.jpg

Conder101 willl know for sure. All I can say is the obverse is not a 63 by today's standards!

Looks pretty clean other than the slide marks.

According to the ANACS photo certification history compiled by Robert Paul, this is a Type 11 (or 1st generation) ANA/ANACS slab.

This generation of slab was used for only about a year (in 1989) until ANACS was sold to AMOS press. These 1st generation holders have "OFFICIAL ANA GRADE" in small blue under printing - The reverse has the ANA and PNG logos.

Andy

I would assume mumu is getting his numbers from the Sample slabs web site. You have to realize that the Sample slab site generations do not always relate the the generations as they were issued by the TPG's. Cameron would sometimes give different generation numbers to slabs simply because it had a different coin in the holder. And several of his varieties could be from as many as three different generations of holder because he only showed the front of the slab and that front was used with several different hologram changes.

As mentioned this is ANACS 11 and is the first variety of slab after ANACS stopped using the photocertificates. They started late in 1989 and only lasted until shortly after the ANA sold ANACS to Amos Press in February of 1990. They are a neat little slab and seldom seen nowadays.

I would assume mumu is getting his numbers from the Sample slabs web site. As mentioned this is ANACS 11 and is the first variety of slab after ANACS stopped using the photocertificates. They started late in 1989 and only lasted until shortly after the ANA sold ANACS to Amos Press in February of 1990. They are a neat little slab and seldom seen nowadays.

Yeah I got the #s from the sample slabs site. Thanks for the info everyone. It was a BIN on ebay the other day for 40$ and thought it was worth jumping on since I dont see them often.

I like those ANACS 1st genaration holder and I don't too offend pass up a chance to buy them. I am not sure how many different types there are, but I am still searching for them. Thanks for posting about them

Bob

I also always liked the older small white ANACS slabs. They were large enough to accommodate every U.S. coin with the exception of the Pan Pac gold $50 commem. They are 2" wide and will fit any box designed to hold 2X2 coin holders.