• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a coin from a series you used to collect.

16 posts in this topic

I'm sure many/most of us have collected a variety of coin series over time. Sometimes we sell all the coins from that series when we disperse it, sometimes we save a coin (or more) from that series. Post a coin that you SAVED from a series that you used to collect, but have since dispersed most of the coins from that series. I used to collect Peace dollars (I still FAR prefer them to Morgans). Here's the one coin I kept from that set. A PCGS (rattler) MS64.

21PeaceP64obv14.jpg

21PeaceP64rev10.jpg

I used to collect half cents by die variety. Here is my 1802, which was the most valuable piece I had. This one came from the Garrett collection. It was plated in Dave Bower's book about that collection, and Breen listed it in his condition census. A lot of EAC people discounted the opinion that it was a condition census piece although Roger Cohen thought that it was in the top ten.

I sold it years ago when I broke up the collection.

1802HalfCentO.jpg1802HalfCentR.jpg

I used to collect half cents by die variety. Here is my 1802, which was the most valuable piece I had. This one came from the Garrett collection. It was plated in Dave Bower's book about that collection, and Breen listed it in his condition census. A lot of EAC people discounted the opinion that it was a condition census piece although Roger Cohen thought that it was in the top ten.

I sold it years ago when I broke up the collection.

1802HalfCentO.jpg1802HalfCentR.jpg

tell me about the punch on the 2

wheat

Lovely coins everyone! :applause:

Bill, lovely coin, BUT the instructions for this thread are specifically a coin that you've kept even though you've broken up the set... e.g. something that you liked enough that you kept.

Lovely coins everyone! :applause:

Bill, lovely coin, BUT the instructions for this thread are specifically a coin that you've kept even though you've broken up the set... e.g. something that you liked enough that you kept.

OK, I still have this 1807 half cent. It is a fairly important piece because it is an example of the early die state with the dentiles still showing on the obverse.

1807HalfCentO.jpg1807HalfCentR.jpg