• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare 1785 bar cent

13 posts in this topic

Look at second bar up left hand side, has thorn defect of a real bar copper usaully stated to be on second bar down right side but obviously its flipped. Now prepare to not win it since you posted this on a public forum. BTW I'm not a bidder, but its bad form to front off a chance pick without just doing your own homework or pming someone.

Look at second bar up left hand side, has thorn defect of a real bar copper usaully stated to be on second bar down right side but obviously its flipped. Now prepare to not win it since you posted this on a public forum. BTW I'm not a bidder, but its bad form to front off a chance pick without just doing your own homework or pming someone.

meh

Well the only ones that carry the thorn defect on the bar I described above are genuine examples and electrotypes. That being said I think a electrotype showing the damage on the coin in auction would reveal the cheap metal used to fill an electrotype. I feel this is the real deal, and I would not be surprised at all if it is real. As they say life favors the bold.

Giving something back to the good people here .. who i know collect this type of stuff

someone must have made a good offer that they took - cancelled all bids and closed auction

I think in a couple weeks I will ask why they closed auction, as I had a max bid set at 10K