• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A crusty gold newp!

22 posts in this topic

There is something about the obverse mint mark coins that I've always found alluring. Im sure im not the only one! I had been looking for a decent problem free 1839o quarter eagle for some time when this one came up on Gary Adkin's list. The images looked decent, so I asked the coin to be sent on approval. In hand the piece has a very nice dirty look with original surfaces. There are a few whispy circulation marks which are expected of this grade. I got this a few weeks ago but just got a chance to image it.

1839oqtreagle.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ankur

The coin to me looks..evenly worn giving the grade 45.No big scratches or dings makes one believe it should garner a higher grade.

Great looking coin.I would get Mark F opinion before clinching the deal.Or at least give you some input.

While I value Marks input, it was not needed on this coin. After seeing it in hand I knew it was a PQ example.

If I was offered this coin but couldn't see it in hand, I'd get Feldinis opinion or TomBs, However since you saw it in hand, you know what you like and obviously this had great eye appeal

Goodness, that is a fantastic coin! 1839-O is one of those marvelous "obverse mintmark" type coins that I truly want to own someday, and yours looks marvelous. Congratulations!

this coin was not CAC'd when I bought it.

Blasphemy I say, lol.

:hi:

Super nice!

Congrat's.

(thumbs u