• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1964-D silver Roosevelt dime

13 posts in this topic

I usually try to check my coins before selling on eBay and pulled this out of a lot of silver dimes going as a silver dime bulk lot.

24818514_450.jpg

c33112057-1a_w2560.jpg

c33112057-1b_w2560.jpg

in a slab now and will help pay for grading some more coins I hope.

Just out of curiosity, why would you submit a common date dime, that's circulated?

Yes, you broke the ice. I was thinking the same thing. The coin is an AU and not very attractive. It's the usual thing that goes into to hoards of "junk silver," and worth no more than melt. The 1964 dimes saw very little circulation and are common in the AU grade.

Maybe it has a slim shot of being in a FB holder? I know the '64-D dimes are not particularly well struck? I'm also not sure why it's in plastic? If it is in a PCGS AU58FB holder, could be the highlight of someone's "Everyman" set ATS? lol(shrug)

Is it just my eyes or could that be a DDR?

You are correct. There is a fair amount of doubling on the reverse. Perhaps that's why he had certified.

Since my interest in this type of thing does not go past the 1955 and 1972 doubled die cents, I don't look for it.

AH HA! Well, don't I feel sheepish. I can't keep up with all of the varieties, DDOs, DDRs, RPMs, etc.

:frustrated:

There is more luster than pictures show

I would be thrilled if I can sell it for 8000 times face

and probably won't let it go for under 5000 times face