• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prooflike TII $20 1876 PCGS MS61 New Pictures

16 posts in this topic

man a prooflike $20........delicious and tempting! :D

Not sure I "get" your comment. Seller did not claim coin was PL. What's your point?

Carl

Not sure I "get" your comment. Seller did not claim coin was PL. What's your point?

Carl

The word "prooflike" is in the title....

Not designated on the holder so its the sellers interpretation of the coin

It is a looker but would never get a PL on any holder

Kinda a waste of time calling it a PL when the TPG did not designate it as such.

No interest on my part.

Kinda a waste of time calling it a PL when the TPG did not designate it as such.

No interest on my part.

I'm not opining that the piece is PL, but it is notable that even if it is, PCGS will not designate them as such. The PCGS PL designation is reserved for Morgan Dollars and a few other series (certain moderns I believe).

Carl

The word "prooflike" is in the title....

Thanks, now I "get" it. doh! The pics do show a coin with prooflike characteristics. But not strong enough to gamble on a NGC reholder/grade.

Carl

I did not realize PCGS does not put PL designations on gold, so excuse my earlier comment. So would it be "better" to have an NGC PL designation if it is indeed PL? Along those lines would NGC accept a crossover with the instructions to only cross-it if NGC deemed it PL?