• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad Storm posted by lanebrad

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Power Been out,but the Post Office still works

Well I hope everyone had a great 4th. up here in the Northland we had a very bad storm power was off for 2 days and folks are still out and that happened Monday. But I did get a coin order out before the phones went dead I was able I pick up a 2012 (W) a nice coin to my addidtion Iam slowly creeping up to 90% on my sets. But with a few sets going at the same time it hard to figure out which 1 to get next I been also working on my Franklins I guess it depends on the cash flow on which way to go. Well have fun with your collection.

Lane

See more journals by lanebrad

Just goes to show that even storms can't keep a good coin collector from his goal! Glad you're okay... I have family up there, and thankfully, they made it through unharmed as well.

Lane, That storm sure messed up allot of lives. We were lucky here in N.W. South Carolina as it was not so severe. I did e-mail Jackson and he spent 3 or 4 days flushing his toilets with water out of his pool. No elect = no city water, no internet, no A-C or fans, etc. That has gotta suck!!

Later---Rick

Glad to hear you made it through ok.I know what it is like to go without power after a storm,a few years ago my family lost power after hurricane charlie.Living in a rural area we were one of the last to have power restored,11 days later!!!