• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp Bust Dime for my type set from Stacks!

17 posts in this topic

Just won this one at tonights Stacks auction. The coin in my set right now is a XF45 and I wanted to upgrade it. I love the color on this piece!

Its in a NGC/CAC holder. Any thoughts on the grade?

1834dimeob.jpg1834dimerev.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Ankur

Just won this one at tonights Stacks auction. The coin in my set right now is a XF45 and I wanted to upgrade it. I love the color on this piece!

Its in a NGC/CAC holder. Any thoughts on the grade?

1834dimeob.jpg1834dimerev.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Ankur

Is this a Type upgrade, a Variety upgrade, or a Date upgrade?

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Just from the images the coins looks closer to AU 55 to me. I guess there must be luster I am missing there. With that said I am not too keen on that toning. Overall nice coin just not for me.

I agree that it looks more like an AU55, and probably recieved a bump for the color. I havent seen the coin in hand.

I love the color though.

Ankur

I really like the colors and I'm not a toner guy. Subtle yet distinct.

Very well struck. I have no qualms with the 58 grade.

Initially, I would have also graded it as a very HIGH AU 55 but I can easily see why it might grade an AU 58 and I think that it looks WONDERFUL!!! (thumbs u

If I had got my act together a few weeks ago I would have seen this coin in hand (forgot about the local lot viewing here). I probably would have bid too!

Nice one....let us know what you think we you see it in hand.

jom

AU-58 works for me. If the coin did not have the toning it might have "passed" in a low end Unc., but the break in the toning on the high points put an end to that.

Congratulations on purchasing an NGC - CAC coin. (thumbs u I encourage competition between the grading services as much as possible. Monopolies are no good for consumers.