• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

About that proof Walker Mr Feld won at auction

32 posts in this topic

Here are some I Phone pics to get a feel for the astetics of the coin and I pity the photographer I chose to try to image this for real. The fields are like ice and the color is intense. The benign Heritage pictures and description where it said the following: "A light layer of gray patina turns gleaming golden-brown at the margins" woefully misrepresented the coin. Actually the periphery is lemon, green, magenta and blue.

This is one of the most eye appealing Proof Walkers I've ever had the pleasure of viewing and I almost blew it as I almost got hung up on the grade (again) as I targeted a 68 for this issue. I'm glad I had Mark to deal with and got a second chance to buy this coin. Mark made it seamless. Thank you Mr Feld. I love this coin and it adds nicely to my Walker collection. MJ

1340226310.jpg

1340219311.jpg

1340219256.jpg

1340219166.jpg

I like it!

Admit it....you just want it to make the rounds for a photo contest so you can shoot it :)

He is one of the very few people I could actually see nailing this coin. He is on my very short list. Proof Walkers with intense color and icy fields are insanely hard to image....MJ

That's a gorgeous coin. Please remind me to slap you upside the head for even thinking about the grade on that coin.

I can guess, but I really don't know about a coin till it's in my hand. With Mark, I know about a coin when he tells me about it. That's a great looking walker.

That's beyond sweet!!!!!!!

How about GORGEOUS!!!!

:cloud9:

:applause:

Mark Goodman would nail this one too.

Beautiful,.you can see the rainbow of colors.

So mj, you own this now right?

Yes sir

Thanks for the comments.......MJ

Thanks MJ and I am glad that the coin has found such a great new home.

For those of you who have not viewed it in person - while it might be hard to imagine, the coin looks SO much better than in any of the images you have seen.

Thanks MJ and I am glad that the coin has found such a great new home.

For those of you who have not viewed it in person - while it might be hard to imagine, the coin looks SO much better than in any of the images you have seen.

I would sure hope so. Dont get me wrong its a really pretty coin but.....

It does seem to be an extraordinarily gorgeous coin, congratulations. Would it probably be correct to assume the marvelous toning is the result of that 1942 coin having been stored for almost 70 years in a Dansco or Whitman type album under fortunate conditions of temperature and atmosphere, or if not, how would you suppose that sort of toning developed, if you are willing to provide an explanation? And another question please: why is it that the walkers from their later years 1941-1947 seem to lack the tendency to develop as much attractive toning as examples from earlier years (this individual coin being a notable exception)? For example, was there something done during production after 1940 at the mint which somehow changed the coin surfaces?

I like it!

Admit it....you just want it to make the rounds for a photo contest so you can shoot it :)

Not exactly. I really do like it. I also want MJ to send it to me so I can shoot it, but wasn't going to bring it up unless someone else did first. :)

Hmmm I would say a bit of both, he is a dealer who loves to help people find that special coin. Sort of like the forums version of the finder.

I think your "rough" shots show more of the color than the professional images that Mr. Feld had taken. I do agree that the coin truly is something special. I now see why the bidding was so spirited on this item.

if the coin was described properly and photographed properly

i am guessing you would not own it now.

Nah, although you never know for sure. However it may have cost me more.

MJ

i'm thinking if it were bid up Mark wouldn't have bought it

I also viewed the coin pre auction. Mark helped me see the light on this coin and this just worked out. I thought the coin would go another bid or two higher actually.

MJ