• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here we go again....on the cable coin channel

18 posts in this topic

All the state coins...through 2009. Hurry before the clock runs out. A 2009 rerun. That clock is running out get them now. before all the state quarters are gone, and yes it is 2009 and they are a sold out limited edition. Hurry.

Last night my girlfriend was channel surfing and happened upon a HSN show selling complete Prestige Proof sets from 1983 - 1997 for (as they put it) ONLY $1,820 (S&H included). I knew jack about the sets, but I told her the price was most likely at least 2X what they would go for in the open market. I looked at eBay today, and with no major trouble found the sets going for $890 (S&H included). I pity the poor buggers that get these TV coins that think they're making a decent financial investment.

The HSN guy?? His name is Mike and he is on another channel still trying to pimp the statehood quarters with the National Park quarters. The guy sits there and yells.. red face and everything.. with all the anger and fist pumping, kinda wonder if the skit was filmed in Nuremburg in 1935.. ha ha ha

I have only seen one person on TV selling coins for a decent price (still over market price) and thats Barry Chappell. You want a laugh, watch Coin Vault. They are 2X++ over FMV. They use the infamous line "leading numismatic catalog".. but they wont tell you which one.. maybe FeeBay has a catalog.. ha ha

I cannot STAND the HSN for many many reasons. I have never bought a coin off of a TV auction but if I were going to, I would buy from AAN. Its much more fun to watch, and some of their hosts at 4:00AM are characters.

But speaking of seeing outdated commericals and outdated TV programs. When will Life Alert update their commerical? All the clips they use, from the police vehicle, to the dispatch room are all 1990's. When I did summer internship hours for Highschool graduation credits, I worked at the Connecticut dept. of public safety, and the equipment I used makes the computers in the Lifelock commerical look like stuff from 1960.

-Dave

Did anyone catch on the Shopping Zone channel yesterday where Barry Chappell was selling 1954 Franklins, NGC slabbed PR67 for $289?

NGC/Numismedia price guide values those at $135, and I found several on eBay that sold around $120.

Was it Barry or Rick?

The description on the channel guide said Barry Chappell Coin Expert.

I don't watch it regularly, in fact that was the first time catching it ever.

I guess it really doesn't matter as it was a rip no matter WHO was yapping.

I have seen the very first time the> , TV selling coins w/Barry Chappell, and for the most part, I was channel surfing, and thought he was giving some finacle report to the viewers, and then had the biggest laugh when he told you the price's of the coins he was "Trying" to sell, LMAO , I don't think he sells any coins, but if he does people have to wait a hour before he shuts the hell up !!! lol

I have seen the very first time the> , TV selling coins w/Barry Chappell, and for the most part, I was channel surfing, and thought he was giving some finacle report to the viewers, and then had the biggest laugh when he told you the price's of the coins he was "Trying" to sell, LMAO , I don't think he sells any coins, but if he does people have to wait a hour before he shuts the hell up !!! lol

Yea, he does get on the soap box. Most information he puts out is good information to know. I cant knock him on that one. Rick puts me to sleep.. reminds me of my 9th grade physics class.. low voice.

Watch the coin vault. Two bone heads with deep woods Georgia accents trying to sell coins. You want a laugh, check out their prices!