• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collector Exhbits at Upcoming 2012 ANA Convention in Philadelphia posted by DrDarryl

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Always a first time to enter ... deadline for entry is July 6th

http://www.worldsfairofmoney.com/collector-exhibits

I'm pondering the idea of creating an entry for the collector exhibit at the upcoming 2012 ANA Convention. Anyone with lessons learned or tips?

I previously participated in stamps exhibits and have been somewhat successful....

It will be interesting to see the exhibit entries at the upcoming Philadelphia ANA convention in August

11601.jpg

See more journals by DrDarryl

I would find an exhibit of your Hawaiian coins and medals to be very informative and interesting. I've seen all types of themes represented in an exhibit, a Hawaiian based exhibit would be something new. The benefit to you is that you will always have the exhibit after the show to display and showcase at other shows. The benefit to the viewer is that they will catch a glimpse of Hawaiian history as told by your coins, medals, and memorabilia.

Gary

Look for subjects that are different and relate to contemporary society and collecting. The member who found a numismatic-theme bottle cap could turn that into a prize winner with a little ingenuity. Are there “app” connections or new ways of conveying and passing information that might be related to older methods use of medals and tokens?