• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bust Dime

11 posts in this topic

My best guess is in tne AU55 range.

But frankly, those images are quite poor for purposes of soliciting meaningful grade opinions.

EF/polished for me.

+1

almost looks like a proof, AU cleaned ?

The coin does not have the characteristics of a proof, and it's doubtful that the coin is proof like. To be honest, the photographs are lousy, so a lot of the different responses are due to one's interpretation of your photographs and not grading per se. I'm interpreting the coin as having no original mint luster left and being polished. Your description confirms this (or at least limits the probability of my polished determination being incorrect to significantly less than 1%). Also, in order to be classified as an AU coin, there must be a significant amount of original mint luster.

With regards to the AU55 guess, I believe that the poster (a well respected numismatist, dealer, and former grader I might) is giving you the benefit of the doubt, assuming that some original mint luster remained. The posters who described it as EF and polished (such as myself) were not. I think your recent comments effectively rule out the problem free assumption, and I think he will amend his guess as such (but I'll let him speak for himself).

EF/polished for me.

+1

+2

Mint State examples of this coin have more detail.

This coin has other issues, but it will give you an idea as the amount of hair these coins had when they were struck.

1832BDimeO.jpg1832BDimeR.jpg