• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking For Recommendations

3 posts in this topic

So I can continue to grow the numismatic garden.

Hi All,

Wondering if any of you are particularly fond of a national dealership that would be able to help me finish (sort of) my 1st Generation commemorative half and Peace Dollar sets over the next few years. I kind of think the commemoratives will fizzle out at about 80%, currently at 62%) but the Peace Dollar set is an easy completion. Oh, gotta get that pesky 1943/2 Jefferson someday also (but that is a low priority).

Please send me your recommendations either directly responding to this post or by sending me a PM. Thank you very much in advance.

Malcolm

PS-Hope all you Dad's had a great day, mine was quite nice with Breakfast at IHOP, then a visit with Mome, then some nap time.

11558.jpg

See more journals by BeawChan

Sounds like a great day Malcolm. Mine too. Somewhat off topic but in reference to your journal, why is it that men no matter what the "holiday" always seem to take a little nap after eating. I mean in my family it is a ritual, a passage of manhood for the younger ones, like learning to drive a with a clutch. None of the females takes a nap. I guess their thing is turning on the gossip phone. Men sleep, women talk. I have a feeling it's been that way since the dawn of mankind, it's what we do !!!

Happy Fathers Day to all you dads here at the CS

Mike

zzz

Hi Malcolm. I have found 3 sources/dealers that I check frequently for additions to my Barber and Seated Liberty sets and they keep a pretty revolving inventory...

I go to Northeast Numismatics ( periodically they'll even mail me a 7% off email special coupon)

I use JJ Teaparty mostly for my circulated Barbers and an occasional seated half

NFC-numismatic financial corp has some nice coins but I feel they are usually pretty high cost. I always call about a particular coin and haggle a little with these guys in reference to their posted internet price and they can be flexible if the person who makes the ultimate decision is there.

Of course I have about 5 or 6 ebay sellers on my "trusted sellers" list whose ebay listings and stores I check on occasion.

I'm sure others here can add some non-auction dealers they visit to your list also but I've found many coins that fill slots from these 3 guys...