• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An unflattering image of a Proof Walker - part 2

16 posts in this topic

I had discussed this coin in another thread here.

And, while the images below are better/less unflattering, they still don' do the coin justice.

half1942pcgsPR67.jpg

Original image: See here

I don't have the coin in hand at the moment, so I can't answer your question. But hopefully, I will be able to do so tomorrow.

I think the coin is gorgeous, but no offense, I am surprised that bidders drove this coin to the $4,000 level for a coin that is worth a $1,000 or less normally. A 4x premium seems a bit steep. What am I missing here and/or what are the images not showing?

I think the coin is gorgeous, but no offense, I am surprised that bidders drove this coin to the $4,000 level for a coin that is worth a $1,000 or less normally. A 4x premium seems a bit steep. What am I missing here and/or what are the images not showing?

I think it boils down to:

How common are they in this grade/look?

Can you find one that fits the grade, or better, and looks as nice, or better, for less?

If not, then you have your answer.

Mark, thanks for those pics!!

You are correct; I would NEVER have guessed from the HA images that this coin would've had such vivid color! It is a stunner!!

Finding a proof like this one is extremely rare for those who are questioning the 400% premium. It is worth it. IMHO.

If it is a die crack, it is barely noticeable and it should not impact value one bit.

Mark,

I think this coin is one of those instances where the pictures take away from the coin by how they are cropped.

The coin would look much better, visually speaking, if it was circle-cropped and in a black background.

Just a thought.

(the glare on the plastic and the square cropping with the circular rings & coin are visually distracting)

Congrats on the nice coin, even given the fact you probably won't/didn't have it in your possession long before a new home is/was found.

Mark,

I think this coin is one of those instances where the pictures take away from the coin by how they are cropped.

The coin would look much better, visually speaking, if it was circle-cropped and in a black background.

Just a thought.

(the glare on the plastic and the square cropping with the circular rings & coin are visually distracting)

Congrats on the nice coin, even given the fact you probably won't/didn't have it in your possession long before a new home is/was found.

Thanks Ron.

I have been told (and wouldn't argue) that the coin is almost impossible to image in a way that shows what it really looks like. Even the images I posted to this thread don't show how colorful and beautiful it is. I expect that it will sell, based on an in-hand view, rather than on how it appears in images.

Since mark saw the coin in person I'm sure the coins looks far better than the pics. For people to drive it up to 4k, they must have loved it to.

Marks gna sell that coin quick. I bet MJ gna own it as he owns spectacular walkers and this fits his collection

That coin looks exactly like I thought it did when I first viewed the Heritage pics. Yeah, their pics might not be the best, but you have to know how to interpret them.