• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie confused about gold eagle submission...

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just joined the collector's society and am quite anxious to get my first batch of coins ready to submit, but just needed some clarification regarding which tier I need to use on gold American Eagles and also if I can submit coins for grading at different tier levels at the same time in one shipping box.

Along with some proof silver eagle's, and a $10 gold proof eagle from 2001, I am wanting to submit a 2001 $50 gold eagle. I was looking at the qualification criteria for the various tiers, and am wondering if it's okay to submit gold eagle's using the Modern tier. Also, as far as the one-ounce gold eagle, what is the least expensive tier that I can submit that coin under. I'm assuming that I cannot submit it under the Modern tier since the bullion value of the coin is over $300. Also, if I want to use my coupons for the 3 Express freebies, can I just fill out a 2nd form for additional coins that I want to submit under the Modern tier and ship everything together?

Please help me out with clearing this up. Thanks a bunch!!

Welcome to the Society and the boards! Sarah will answer your question in a bit but I'd like to suggest that you (and anyone else of course) feel free to call customer service directly at anytime during business hours and they will be delighted to assist in answering general inquiries of this nature. 800 NGC COIN

John

• Administrator

First of all, welcome to Collectors' Society!

ANY US coin may be submitted under our Modern tier (at $11 per coin) provided it is dated 1955 to present, and its valude does not exceed $300. There is a 5 coin minimum on Modern submissions.

As for your $50 gold eagle, considering its value, I recommend you submit it under our Earlybird tier. Earlybird service is for coins valued at $3000 or under, and there is no minimum coin requirement. The fee for Earlybird is $28 per coin.

Your coin would also qualify for our GoldRush service (at $20 per coin) provided its value does not exceed $1000 - however please be advised that there is a five coin submission for GoldRush submissions.

Please use a separate invoice for each service tier, but you may always send multiple invoices in one shipping box to us.

You should be receiving your Collectors' Society starter kit in the mail shortly. It will contain valuable information that further details all of our services. Submission forms and your coupons will be will be included as well, but as John said, please feel free to call Customer Service directly at 1(800)642-2646 with any questions you may have.

-Sarah