• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Coin Set SF American Silver Eagle Submission Question Special Label

10 posts in this topic

Looking at your website news release for the ASE SF 2-coin proof set. It alittle confusing. If Im reading everything right everyone waits till the mint ships, so how is there a "EARLY RELEASE" and a" FIRST RELEASE" ? Seems as though every coin can have this label? Not sure I understand the point? And can I ask what your thoughts are as far as what the averages of these coins grading MS70. Thanks for your answers in advance, Jim

• Administrator

Thanks for the question. We will start the 30 day clock for the Early/First Releases once the sets start shipping from the Mint. Of course, the Mint could take longer than 30 days to ship all of the orders, in which case some sets may not be eligible. Also, if the sets are not submitted to NGC within the first 30 days, they will lose their eligibility and cannot receive the Early/First Releases designations after that point.

Unfortunately there is no way to know how the coins will grade because we haven't seen any yet.

• Administrator

If you submit only one set you would have to use a tier that does not have a 5 coin minimum. Early Bird would be your cheapest option. Or, if you have three other Modern coins you wanted to submit (along with the set), you could use the Modern tier.

I ordered four sets of the 2 coin set. Should I send to be graded sealed as they arrive to the house or take them out of the box and just submit the coins with the certificates stating they are the 2 coin set?

• Administrator

Thanks for the question. Since the coins are available only in the two coin set there is no need to send them to NGC in the sealed shipping box. You should take the coins out the packaging (leave them in the capsules if you would like). There is no need to send the certificates along with the coins.

I saw in the special instructions that you had to submit the 2 ASE on a separate invoice with no other coins to get the label. I just joined and got the five free submission coupon. In the FAQ section, it said I had to use the coupon on the same invoice.

If I used the coupon for the ASE set and the other three coins, would I still get a special label, or would I be out of luck?

• Administrator

Thanks for the question. The three other coins submitted on the form with the two silver eagles would also have to be from that set. Coins for this label/pedigree cannot be mixed with other coins.

Thanks for the question. The three other coins submitted on the form with the two silver eagles would also have to be from that set. Coins for this label/pedigree cannot be mixed with other coins.

I want to submit 3 sets of the 2012-s 75th anniversary two coin silver eagles for a total of 6 coins on one invoice. I have a coupon for 5 free early bird gradings. I want to utilize the 5 coin coupon and pay the Early Bird fee for the 6th coin and have all 6 coins labeled as early release. However,I noticed in your Membership FAQ it reads:

"Q. Can I submit additional coins on the same invoice as my free grading submissions?

A. No. When using your free grading award, we ask that you submit no additional items."

If there is no minimum for early release submissions, it doesn't seem to make any sense for me to break up a 75 anniversary set and only send in one coin from the 3rd set just because I want to use a coupon and can't submit the 6th coin to get the same pedigree.

How do I submit the 3 sets on one invoice with the 5 coin coupon for the same early release pedigree?

that only five coins can be submitted on once invoice if the coupon is used.

• Administrator

For the San Francisco Sets (since you would have one extra coin in this situation) you may submit six coins on that invoice and pay the Early Bird fee only for the sixth.