• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWP-opinions please, GTG 1893-O $1

19 posts in this topic

Picked this up from the local B&M yesterday.

I have been waiting for one for a decent price for a while, among some other dates.

This is the best i can do for my budget right now. Its going in my registry set even though i was hoping to have most of them be XF and up.

May be good for an upgrade someday when money situation changes!

Anyway, what do you guys think???

126968.jpg.9db7f705651fa0507200ba9c8c77ef59.jpg

126969.jpg.a96a40caa739e3d1e164bfb37662c31b.jpg

I was thinking Fine-15 when I first saw it, but I suppose it could be pushed to VF-20 because the surfaces are so remarkably mark free for a coin that has seen this much use. The color is very pleasing too. In short it is an excellent coin for the grade. You could buy one in a higher technical grade that would not have this much eye appeal.

I was thinking Fine-15 when I first saw it, but I suppose it could be pushed to VF-20 because the surfaces are so remarkably mark free for a coin that has seen this much use. The color is very pleasing too. In short it is an excellent coin for the grade. You could buy one in a higher technical grade that would not have this much eye appeal.

I agree 100%.

Pcgs actually calls it a VF35....

Thanks guys for the comiments, I felt the same way about the surfaces having very little marks!

Pcgs actually calls it a VF35....

Thanks guys for the comiments, I felt the same way about the surfaces having very little marks!

PCGS over graded it. That is not unusual, because they tend to over grade circulated better date coins. If you paid VF-20 + money for it that's fair. If you paid close to EF-40 money for it, that's not fair.

Just for arguments sake, does anyone else agree or disagree with what billjones stated? Just out of curiosity...........

Just to add, the coin looks awesome in hand, awesome for a VF coin that is.

Nick

Just for arguments sake, does anyone else agree or disagree with what billjones stated? Just out of curiosity...........

Nick

Yes, BillJones is absolutely correct - as he usually is. PCGS and NGC both overgrade key day circulated coins. This coin should be much closer to VF-20.

I agree 100%.

Even though the grade has already been revealed I would have probably said the above statement verbatim (especially the part about this coin being a very original & extremely eye appealing example)

I like it a lot and it's a wonderful addition (thumbs u

Nick

Yes, BillJones is absolutely correct - as he usually is. PCGS and NGC both overgrade key day circulated coins. This coin should be much closer to VF-20.

Yep, I agree as per my previous post. VF-35 is simply overgraded.

I could maybe, maybe see VF-25.

I agree 100%.

Even though the grade has already been revealed I would have probably said the above statement verbatim (especially the part about this coin being a very original & extremely eye appealing example)

I like it a lot and it's a wonderful addition (thumbs u

+1