• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Large Cent

13 posts in this topic

You need to open an account with a photo service site like "Photobucket." The fact that the photos are on your computer does not get them on the Internet.

Once you have sent your photos to Photobucket, you click on the second line in their pop up box and copy the code. Then you came here, click on the picture box, which is one on the tool bar to the right of the envelope symbol (third one from the left), paste in the code on the pop up box and enter it.

I know this sounds complicated, and I had my battles with it 10+ years ago, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy. Here's a link to Photobucket.

Photobuckert

I've had trouble using Photobucket on the Microsoft Internet Explorer. You might try using Google Chrome instead.

I would grade it AU-58. It has a shot at making MS-61, Brown in a slab. The MS-60 grade is almost never seen on slabbed coins.

And, yes it is a very nice coin.

Thank you all for your reply’s, the coin has a great deal of red color left, the picture doesn’t show a trace of red color, however it is there. The vast majority of the red color is found in the background of liberty and just around the edge of the coin radiating down to the face. I have many other copper coins that I’m not entirely sure how to grade, any help that you guys may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

It's a nice, strong commercial AU!

Perhaps it's an EAC EF and therefore "commercial," but if you sell this coin to a dealer for EF money, you are cheating yourself. EAC grading is a combination of extreme accuracy at its best, and big collector politics at its worst. Either way it is not an accurate way to price coins in the general coin market. Even the EAC people admit that.