• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 American Eagle San Francisco Two-Coin Silver Proof Set by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

14 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Mint web site and phone lines overwealmed with ordcers for the 2012 American Eagle San Francisco Two-Coin Silver Proof Set.

At exactly 12:00 Noon Eastern Standard Time I went on line to place my 2012 American Eagle San Francisco Two-Coin Silver Proof Set order. It took me a long time to even connect with the mint web site and seemingly forever to proceed from page to page in the order process. All told the process took forty-nine minutes. I also tried to telephone in my order but never got through.

My order confirmation indicates an estimated shipping date of 7/27/12.

Despit it's relatively high issue price it looks like this set will be very much in demand.

See more journals by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

I figured the website would be busy today which is why I am waiting to even decide if I will order any of these. My guess is that demand will remain high for a couple days, the real question is will there be any demand a year from now. There is an unlimited amount of these to be produced so true demand will be met with 100% supply.

Do you thinkt here will be demand if 100 million are ordered?

I figured the website would be busy today which is why I am waiting to even decide if I will order any of these. My guess is that demand will remain high for a couple days, the real question is will there be any demand a year from now. There is an unlimited amount of these to be produced so true demand will be met with 100% supply.

Do you thinkt here will be demand if 100 million are ordered?

I agree, no need to jam the phone lines when these will be minted to demand and on sale for a month. I'm just gonna wait also to see if I actually want this set and willing to pay the price for it.

Even though the Mint states that there is no limit to the number of sets that will be produced I would not be surprised if they cut off orders earlier than four weeks if there is an overwhelming demand for these sets. The fine print on the mint web site clearly states that the mint has the right to cut off or reduce the size of orders. After being shut out for the 2011 25th Anniversary Set I didn't want to take any chances this year.

I will order my set monday or tuesday. No big deal. I am suspecting a huge amount to be produced. The mintage will be over 500,000++++ that you can be sure of. I feel Sorry for the i-d-i-o-t on ebay already paying 200.00 for this set

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-S-Reverse-Silver-Eagle-2-Coin-Set-/251079274071?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3a757dae57

What is wrong with ppl....

On eBay already?!? That is crazy. I thought eBay changed their policy so you couldn't list items as pre-sale. I thought they had to be 'in hand'. It's a shame when people take advantage of someone for financial gain.

For a non profit organizantion they are shore haul in the the money, ripping the h-ll out of out of us again, there priceing list must went out the window screwing us again. will have a go day and happy collecting. Don.

At $75 per coin, Get it, don't think about it! I doubt that total production will approach 1.5 mil. At least we won't have to jump through the same hoops to have them certified, as with the other sets.

When I spoke with a Mint Sales rep last week, I was informed of the 7/27/12 Shipping date, but that they may start shipping sooner, depending on the final tally by July 6th. My only hope is that the quality of the product can be maintained throughout the production period.

I would only hope that if production is extraordinarily high, that the price of a certified coins will be comparable to the regular issues of ASE's, but seriously doubt the Reverse Proof alone will sell for less than $250-300 in a PF70- even if a couple million were issued. So again, 75 Bucks each? - Don worry 'bout-it!