• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have to sell of these, and am very torn

88 posts in this topic

So im process of selling some stuff. But I took a loan from my savings to buy this beauty. It was well worth it as the coin screams original. I spoke to John Albanese about the coin and he said its an A+ for the grade and truly PQ!

A big thanks to Doug Winter for working with me. This completes my Draped Bust Hearaldic Eagle Gold type set! :D

25pn21c.jpg

Superb. I absolutely love the amount of detail and originality that this coin has.

Think about the future.

If funds opened up and you were to replace the one you had to sale now which would be easier to replace? That would be the one I sold.

So im process of selling some stuff. But I took a loan from my savings to buy this beauty. It was well worth it as the coin screams original. I spoke to John Albanese about the coin and he said its an A+ for the grade and truly PQ!

A big thanks to Doug Winter for working with me. This completes my Draped Bust Hearaldic Eagle Gold type set! :D

25pn21c.jpg

Is this the same coin that sold on Heritage last September in an OGH? Is it still a 40? CAC? hm

OMG. Gorgeous! WTG, Ankur. It's worth Top Ramen for a year or two.

Lance.

Even a year or two of Bottom Ramen would be worth it!

Great coin! Congrads.

jom

25pn21c.jpg

Congrats on the adoption as there's no such thing as an ugly baby in the eye of the parent.

It's funny what's considered A+ and truly PQ these days as the scratch right in the center of the reverses shield horizontals is a major eye magnet.

So if the sight of a child makes you cringe a bit it's better to just comment on it's outfit...

Awe what pretty plastic and what a cute lil colorful sticker! :applause:

whyatt-ugly-baby-cartoon1.jpg

The coin is actually far more presentable in these Heritage Pics as it's just a scuff.

I'm just messing with you as your the poster child for CAC...

Now take away their sticker and you've got about as much collector confidence as this chap below ;)

eb5tnk.jpg:jokealert:

25pn21c.jpg

Congrats on the adoption as there's no such thing as an ugly baby in the eye of the parent.

It's funny what's considered A+ and truly PQ these days as the scratch right in the center of the reverses shield horizontals is a major eye magnet.

So if the sight of a child makes you cringe a bit it's better to just comment on it's outfit...

Awe what pretty plastic and what a cute lil colorful sticker! :applause:

Come on, Frank. The scratch is old (maybe even a strike-through) and not so bad. I must say that I liked the coin better in the other holder (OGH and without the smudge over the center of the reverse). If Doug liked the coin enough to buy it, I am sure that it is a nice coin.

Here she is in her old home. Scratch looks old and minimal to me. These early quarter eagles rock. Much prettier than the halfs and eagles.

obv.jpgrev.jpg

DirtyGoldMan, I mentioned I didn't feel it was much of a hindrance once I saw the Heritage images. Yet it's always important to consider what could possible be bothersome to a future buyer? As even when purchasing something your never intend to sell at some point in time it will be resold.

That's the comfort of the CAC sticker. It makes the coin much more liquid and easy to sell.

And Frank, I stopped finding your jokes funny in 2008.

The coin is actually far more presentable in these Heritage Pics as it's just a scuff.

I'm just messing with you as your the poster child for CAC...

Now take away their sticker and you've got about as much collector confidence as this chap below ;)

eb5tnk.jpg:jokealert:

That's funny.

I'm not really bothered by the small scratch----it is an XF coin after all.

Another OGH bites the dust. Now, I can see why slab collecting is becoming soooo popular. :baiting:;)

That's the comfort of the CAC sticker. It makes the coin much more liquid and easy to sell.

And Frank, I stopped finding your jokes funny in 2008.

Wow, that's quite a drought! The longest I have gone without being funny is about 20 minutes (except, of course, when I am sleeping ;) ). Maybe Frank needs to go to DirtyGoldMan charm school. :)

But I took a loan from my savings to buy this beauty.

Yes, the coin is gorgeous. But taking out a loan to fund a coin purchase is probably not the best idea. You know more about your finances than us - but in general, I would advise people not to do this.

But I took a loan from my savings to buy this beauty.

Yes, the coin is gorgeous. But taking out a loan to fund a coin purchase is probably not the best idea. You know more about your finances than us - but in general, I would advise people not to do this.

It's a figure of speech. I have enough in my savings but usually don't touch it for coin purchases. In this case I made an exception.

And Broadstruck's name is Frank. I've met him in person.

It's a figure of speech. I have enough in my savings but usually don't touch it for coin purchases. In this case I made an exception.

And Broadstruck's name is Frank. I've met him in person.

I thought Broadstrucks name was Inigo Montoya. Where did Frank come from? Did he say, "Hi, I'm Frank." or "Hi, I'm frank" Because he is quite frank.

If Broadstruck is Inigo Montoya, he and Ankurj needs to have a battle of numismatic wits........the loser gets thrown into the PIT OF DESPAIR

:D :D :D :D