• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction Commerative Pick-ups

16 posts in this topic

Love the New Rochelle! I wouldn't have bid on the Iowa. Flashy but the copper spot spoils it.

Still, they're all great commems! Congrats!

Lance.

New Rochelle and Maryland are winners in my book. I could do without the others.

I agree but in addition to these two I also like the Texas.

I really like that Elgin and the New Rochelle appears to have a nice blush.

Ditto...

jom

I would love to see better picks of the Elgin, as I bet the luster is killer. Finding these attractively toned is quite difficult.

I bet it's not. Elgin's rarely possess highly vibrant luster and are far more likely to display satin-like or frosty surfaces.

Thanks for the positive comments from (almost) everyone. Is the market for these starting to wake up from a decade or two of dead money?

Will post pics once rec'd.

I have not seen the general commem market wake up, though of course the uber-toned pieces have skyrocketed vs. other pieces.

I would love to see better picks of the Elgin, as I bet the luster is killer. Finding these attractively toned is quite difficult.

I bet it's not. Elgin's rarely possess highly vibrant luster and are far more likely to display satin-like or frosty surfaces.

True, which is why I like them! I like the Satin look