• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Large Cent, Whats The Grade

8 posts in this topic

I'm not very good at it, but I wanna say

XF DETAILS; DAMAGED

If it is damage and not some kind of residue across from the nose and on cheek/neck; can't really tell.

Again, I'm not good at it.

AU details

Cleaned, damaged (the cleaned opinion might be because my monitor is freaking out and about to go, but the contrast looks too weird to me)

AU sharpness, but cleaned and with additional damage that would make hard for a copper restoration expert (You can use the negative term "coin doctor" if you like, but a great many copper coins have had to have something done to them to preserve them.) to greatly improve this piece. It may have had some corrosion on it before the surfaces were stripped, or this might of been done by someone who didn't know any better. With coat of sulfur to darken the piece, it might be worth VF-20 money, but most copper collectors would not want it.

Sorry to be so negative, but I think that it's best to speak the truth.