• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a pic of a coin that you regret selling

10 posts in this topic

Was going through my photobucket for Broadstrucks thread and wish'd I didnt!!! This is the most amazing Roosie I have ever owned in my life! My pics dont do it justice but trust me it was amazing!!!! Lets see some of yours!

DSC08338.jpg

DSC08336.jpg

I don't have pictures, but two coin I regret selling were a 1795 Plain Edge Large cent in MS-60, Brown and an 1848-C quarter eagle in AU-55. The grades are mine because both coins were raw, and I had them before there were slabs. I sold both pieces to raise money to buy my first Gobrecht Dollar. I did well with the Gobrecht dollar when I sold it, but those two have been hard to replace. I did get a 1795 cent that is better than the one I sold, but the quarter eagle has not so easy to replace.

One of only 3 coins i ever took a loss on. The guy didnt even like it. He slammed it on PCGS forums. I wish hed sell it back to me now.

al1o.jpg

al1r.jpg

al1f.jpg

I have sold plenty of gorgeous coins, but none that I regret. I made a choice to sell them, either because I decided to take a different direction with my collection, I needed the money, or I was done enjoying those coins. Either way, the coin served its purpose.