• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registered Mail

5 posts in this topic

I sent a number of coins in for grading/slabbing on 9/7 via insured, registered mail. Since today is the 12th I would have thought that they would be there by now, but when I look on-line at the order status under my account there is nothing there yet for this order. I have another order in queue to be graded and those only took two days to get there using the same mailing process. Am I just being over-anxious?

tongue.gif

I guess the question really is: how long should I allow before I press the panic button? confused.gif

• Administrator

I checked with our Receiving department to see if your package arrived today but it hasn't yet.

Unfortunately the timing for registered mail can be unpredictable. We have seen it take up to 14 business days for packages to arrive. You may want to contact your post office and see if they might track it for you.

In the meantime, I will keep in touch with our receiving department and inform you the moment it arrives

Thanks Dena.

After checking on the status of the Register number via www.usps.gov (and finding nothing) I went to the local post office today to check with them. Their answer was that it hasn't been 15 days yet...lots of help! tongue.gifmad.gif

I told them that I thought registered mail was signed for all along the way - and it is, but unlike FedEx, you cannot track the actual progress of the package until it has reached its delivery point. Hmmm...our government dollars at rest.

Again, thanks for responding so quickly and for actually looking for the package. Your customer responsiveness and support certainly earn very high marks grin.gif

Hi RWW - I've had several such experiences with registered mail. It is still the safest way to send anything. The times for delivery can vary quite a bit. To the same place, I have had packages take from 4 to 10 days. (I think it depends on the way the wind blows!) Same thing for receiving registered mail - it can be fast or excruciatingly slow. In the end, they will have the entire paper trail entered on the USPS web site, but until it is delivered, they know not where it is!

Dena - amazing service! wink.gif You're a gem.

Hoot